6.01.2011

National Running Day

Today is National Running Day - June 1, 2011. Will you join me? Why do YOU run? I love the feeling I get after completing a workout. Its a feeling of accomplishment! Today is the day I begin back on my training program and what better day to start than....National Running Day! I've been a slacker for the last 7 days. My excuses are....our family vacation and too much drama last week. Now that I've said that out loud, I feel like those are pretty lame excuses. I need to figure out why I allow myself to make excuses and how I can change that in the future. I have some running events coming up in a few months and I need to be prepared.


I decided to restart my Active.com workouts and repeat week 4 of the Couch to 5k training. These workouts are almost the same so I am doing them together. The Active.com workout gives me an online calendar to keep up with the workouts and to log my vital stats as well. I am doing the Couch to 5k with a group of Twitter friends and want to stick to that too. I enjoy the motivation I receive from both plans.

"Running is the greatest metaphor for life, because you get out of it what you put into it." - Oprah Winfrey

No comments:

Post a Comment