5.15.2011

Zumba + running = happy

I did a Zumba workout on the PS3 before getting on the treadmill to do the last Couch to 5k workout for week 2. I thought doing a pre-run workout might help me. I love Zumba! I know I'm not the best at it - my hips just don't move the way the instructors do. But that is the joy of doing it at home in my living room. I sent my hubby out for errands so I could have the living room (and the t.v./remote) to myself.

Zumba for PS3



I'm going to be ready for the next 5k I do, which looks like will be the Komen for the Cure in October. That is...unless I find another one to do in the next few months.

I finished the 3rd workout for week 2 on the C25k challenge. It seemed easier today. Maybe that's because I warmed up with Zumba before doing it. I was able to do the intervals with little trouble and able to increase my speed a little. After I finished the workout, I decided to do some 30 second sprints, like I've seen on the Biggest Loser, to push myself. That was exhilarating! Its amazing what you can do when you push yourself! I'll definitely do that again.

I feel good about finishing week 2 on this challenge and looking forward to starting week 3. Now its rest and relaxation time for me. It's time to prepare for another week. Have a great week!

1 comment:

  1. I've seen the Zumba at the gym and it seems a bit fast and advanced for me. I've tried a DVD which fun was but then had a knee injury I needed to heal from. You've inspired me to give it another go:)

    ReplyDelete