5.09.2011

Week 2 of the C25k Challenge

It's Monday and you know what that means....Its time to begin week 2 of the couch to 5k training!

I was ready to workout after I got home from work. I got some new running shoes for Mother's Day from my husband and kids. They know what's important to me... :) I was anxious to try them out. I used them yesterday while doing a Taebo workout, but that's not the same as running. I posted this picture on Facebook, only to get lots of comments about when I'm going to run a half marathon. I love the idea of that, but I need more courage and confidence before I can get serious about it. I need to RUN some 5k's first, then maybe a 10k, and work up to a half. That's the plan.

Mother's Day gifts - running shoes & coffee shop gift card!  
Taebo - one of my favorite workouts
I have done Taebo for many years. It is one of the most powerful and inspiring workouts I know. I was very thrilled last week when Billy Blanks daughter tagged me in a Twitter post. She actually lives in a town near me and I had the honor of meeting her and Billy last year in a benefit to raise money for flood victims in Nashville. I participated in a portion of a 2 hour Taebo workout with Billy in person. That was thrilling! Here's a few pictures I took at the event.

working out with Billy Blanks in Nashville

I made it through workout 1 of week 2. It was a little hard for me today. It could be that I was wearing new shoes that I'm not used to yet, or that it was so hot in my exercise room! At least I wasn't running outside in the 90 degree weather. I tried to increase my speed some in the beginning, but ended up slowing down after a few intervals. It's going to take some time for me to get comfortable with this. Here's a picture of me after the workout.

After the workout
I suppose I'll sleep good tonight! For all of those awesome people doing the #emwc25k challenge, Keep up the good work!

No comments:

Post a Comment