5.02.2011

Couch to 5k - Week 1 Workout 1

 I began the Couch 2 5k training today. I feel exhilarated! I am so glad I didn't use one of my usual excuses to not begin the challenge today. I've started this plan before but never got past week 5, so I decided to start at week 1 again. This time I am going to stick to the plan. Goal:  I want to run the Susan G. Komen for the Cure 5k in October. I have walked this 5k for two years in a row and want to step it up a notch!

Me and my girls at Komen for the Cure 2010

I am very happy that I was able to get the workout in on a work day. I didn't let that little voice in my head take over and coax me to sit on the couch and watch t.v. instead.


Ready to workout!


Couch to 5k running plan - posted on my wall in my exercise room.

First workout - done!

my exercise room. it's getting smaller with all the equipment.
I found some good runner tips in Runner's World. I'll be sharing these over the next few weeks in order to stay motivated for the challenge.

"The biggest mistake that new runners make is that they tend to think in mile increments. Beginning runners need to think in minutes not miles. " - Bud Coates, U.S. Olympic marathon trials qualifier/coach.

No comments:

Post a Comment