5.04.2011

Couch to 5k- Week 1 Workout 2

I never thought I would be EXCITED about working out. But today, I was actually looking forward to getting on the treadmill. For months, I have complained about working out and have used every excuse I could come up with. What's different this time? First of all, the challenge I accepted with other twitter friends makes me feel accountable. That motivates me! I'm so glad I accepted the challenge!


Workout 2 is in the books! I felt better after this second workout because I tried to increase the speed a little when running. After the first workout, I felt like I was going too slow. I know now is not the time to be competing with my time and trying to make personal records, but it's hard not to compare each run to the last one. I think at this point, its better to COMPLETE the workout, not COMPETE with my speed and distance. I feel so powerful after completing these workouts! 
My treadmill - my new bff!
 I feel like eating healthy is an important part in training, so I tried my best to stay on track with unprocessed, fresh, real food today. I began the day with some oatmeal with blueberries and java.

For lunch I had a salad made with organic romaine lettuce, cucumbers and tuna.

Of course, I stayed hydrated while drinking several bottles of water throughout the day.
I feel good about my progress so far in this challenge! I'm starting to believe I CAN DO IT!





No comments:

Post a Comment