4.09.2011

My husband's birthday weekend

I just returned home from a night out with my husband. We celebrated his birthday by going to Nashville and staying the night. We only live about 30 minutes away but it was nice to get away from the house and kids for the night. We started the day on Friday by eating lunch at Amerigo's in Nashville. Amerigo is a very nice Italian restaurant. I ordered an iced tea (I live in the South....its always the first thing I order.)


I ordered a salad/pasta combo for my entree. The salad was a spring mix salad with balsamic vinagrette dressing and the pasta was fettucini alfredo. Of course we were served italian bread with olive oil for dipping. John ordered his usual....Lasagna.


After lunch, we checked into our hotel, Drury Inn and chilled out for a while.

The hotel offered complimentary drinks and snacks for a few hours so we took part in that. I had a chardonnay and John had a beer. After enjoying our free drinks, we headed out to the Nashville Sounds baseball game. I managed to get 2nd row tickets for John's birthday. It was a good thought but I think we both prefer to have seats higher up so you can see better.



After the game, we headed out for a late dinner. It was a little frustrating at first since restaurants were closing around 10:00 p.m., but we found a Ruby Tuesday restaurant that was open. We had a very enjoyable dinner and a few drinks. I had a lovely Sangria. I ordered barbeque chicken with grilled zucchini and baked mac n cheese. John had baby back ribs. Of course, we sampled each other's plates.

It was an enjoyable evening for us both. Happy Birthday sweetie!

No comments:

Post a Comment