10.28.2010

It's my Friday!

I'm very happy that today is my last day of the work week. I have started working 10 hour days so I can be off on Fridays. It has made it a little difficult to get my workouts in though. Some days I get up and work out before going to work and one day this week, I took a Zumba class. That was a lot of fun but I got home very late. I plan to workout on my days off and once on the days I work. I have tried to find ways to incorporate activity into my daily life. Since I have a "desk job" that is difficult. But I wear a pedometer and track my steps daily. I'm aiming for at least 10,000 steps each day. I have been able to stick to my healthy eating this week with the exception of my husband keeping home baked cookies around. He is definitely a trouble maker. I am looking forward to the weekend and getting started on training for a 5k. I have read several articles about transitioning from walking to running and I feel good about it. I am planning on participating in 2 events in November, Heart Walk for the American Heart Association and BoroDash in my community on Thanksgiving Day. I'm not sure if I have time to really train for these events, but I will be able to walk if I need to. Below are links to my events!

http://borodash.org/  

http://rutherfordtnheartwalk.kintera.org/faf/donorReg/donorPledge.asp?ievent=336479&lis=0&kntae336479=B039F2C5B1B64597B3B6187779DDE94E

Wish me luck! If you have any advice for my running challenge, please comment! Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment