1.22.2012

My favorite soup - Southwest Chicken Soup

Have you checked out the Choose My Plate.gov website? I'm on a mission to make healthier meals for my family. This is a great resource!

It's not easy at first, but eating clean makes me feel great. I've had to work longer hours this week, but making sure I plan ahead for my meals helps. I took bags of healthy food to work and kept in our break room. Fresh fruits and veggies are now my go to choices. My new favorite soup is Southwestern Chicken Soup, that a sweet lady at my church gave me. It's the easiest recipe I have found! As you can see, it does well in the slow cooker. I took some to work to share and it was a hit!


Ingredients:
1 can of black beans
1 jar of mild or hot salsa (depending on your preference)
1 can of shoepeg white corn
1 can of chicken broth (reduced sodium)
1 package of Tyson southwestern chicken strips - diced into bite size pieces.

Open ingredients and drop into pot and cook for an hour. Delish!



Southwest Chicken Soup!    



No comments:

Post a Comment