1.27.2012

For those of you that sit most of the day...

For a person that has an office job and sits for most of the day, I found this article interesting. I'm motivated to find ways to get up out of my chair and MOVE throughout the day.

How Sitting All Day is Damaging Your Body and How You Can Counteract It

I like the fact that the article doesn't suggest we need to become marathoners or triathletes - only that we should get up and move at least once an hour and get 30 minutes of activity each day. I work out more than most of my friends do, but I tend to forget when I'm at work how long I have been sitting. I worked at a company once that had desks that you could stand by or sit in bar-type chairs. It was a nice change once in a while to be able to stand while working. And what ever became of treadmill type workstations? I remember hearing about those a few years ago. That sounds like a cool idea especially for those with office jobs. Personally, I would worry about falling or hurting myself. I have trouble walking and chewing gum at the same time....

Let's move!

No comments:

Post a Comment