12.16.2011

When life gets in the way....

When life gets in the way, I find it hard to stay on track regarding my fitness and training. If I didn't work full time...if I wasn't a full time mom....if I had more energy...IF.

How do you manage when life gets so busy that you begin slacking on healthy eating and you allow yourself to skip workouts? I find it frustrating sometimes, especially when work becomes more demanding. The last few weeks I have been traveling with work and working weekends. Every time I go out of town, I pack my exercise clothes, running shoes and other gear. But after working 12-14 hours, I find it very difficult to get those workouts in. Being in a different time zone doesn't make it easier.


I tried to eat healthy while on the road, but that's hard too. I work for a nursing home for Veterans and the food they serve there is enriched, to help the residents gain weight. So, packing healthy snacks and a case of water is usually what I do. But when things get busy and I'm going into starvation mode, its easy to settle for vending machine snacks.



I'm glad to be home and spend time with my family. I also need to get busy tackling these Christmas lists. I believe its only 10 days away.


I'm also determined to get back on schedule with my workouts. My gym bag is packed and ready to go. I have a date tomorrow with the gym and since I only have to work for a short time....there is no excuse!


What is your secret to staying on track with your fitness goals?

1 comment:

  1. The best way to obtain the right abdominal exercise equipment is to know first what you will be doing. Talk to an expert if you are not sure which equipment to take.

    ReplyDelete