12.31.2011

More goals for 2012....Happy New Year!

It's December 31, and I'm taking one more look at my goals for 2012. In my previous post, 2011 is Coming to a Close , I planned out my goals for the coming year. They are good ones....keep running, eat healthy, spend more time with family. After thinking more about this, I need to add a few to the list.

I want to start cooking healthy meals for my family. It is hard sometimes to do this, since I work full time and have other things going on as well. My teenage daughter informed me that she is tired of eating out of a can...which breaks my heart. She has eaten Chef Boyardee until she is sick of it. There has got to be a way that I can make sure she gets healthy meals at home. I have a crock pot that hasn't been used in a while. I'm going to take the time to plan meals and make this a priority! She is definitely worth it!


Whitney - she is such a doll!
My husband also deserves a good, home-cooked meal once in a while. Since we work different shifts, we don't get to have very many meals together. And on the weekends, we tend to eat out for than we cook at home. This is a goal that will not be easy, but I'm determined to be a better wife and mother by cooking meals for my family.

me and my hubby
I will continue going to church and spend more time in prayer. One of my goals last year was to start going back to church, even if my family doesn't go with me. Sometimes that is difficult. It is hard getting up early on Sunday morning when everyone else is sleeping. It is also hard walking in church alone. But I will continue, because I feel more at peace and happier when I do. Yes, I wish the family would go with me, but I have to respect them for their feelings and cannot make them. I also spend time watching Joyce Meyer Ministries and have purchased many of her inspirational products. If I'm having a rough day, listening to her sermons gives me hope. I believe prayer changes things....so I want to add this to my list of goals.



2011 was a fabulous year for me. I participated in several 5k races, many charity walks, and made a healthy lifestyle part of my routine. I received 2 job promotions. I have enjoyed many wonderful moments with my family and loved ones. I became a grandmother! I look forward to 2012 and hope to improve my life in many ways. I strive to always be the best I can be, whether it be in my job, family, or my fitness. I'm going to keep this attitude in the next year and keep on keeping on....

"One of the simplest things about all facts of life is that to get where you want to go, you must keep on keeping on"- Norman Vincent Peale

I'm wishing you love, peace and happiness in 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment