9.23.2011

Celebrating 5 years of marriage

On this day, five years ago my sweetheart and I drove to Gatlinburg, TN and exchanged wedding vows in a small chapel. It was a wonderful day that I'll never forget. I remember we did have a few issues before the ceremony. We were almost late to the chapel due to rain and traffic on the way through Knoxville. There was a UT football game that day and the traffic was crazy. Also after driving for almost 2 hours, we realized we left one of our suitcases at home. Inside this bag was my husband's dress shoes, belt and clothes for the rest of the weekend. So, we got married with him wearing tennis shoes and no belt. It's a fun memory to recall but at the time it was no laughing matter.

Our wedding day, September 23, 2006
It's been a wonderful 5 years and I'm looking forward to many more years of happiness with my special guy. Here are a few more photo's of us enjoying life together.




We will be going to Nashville for the evening to celebrate. I wonder what we should do first?

No comments:

Post a Comment