9.21.2011

Almost time for another 5k

I'm gearing up for my next 5k in a few days. It's the Women's Half Marathon and 5k in Nashville. I'm very excited about this one.

Since Friday is our wedding anniversary, my hubby and I decided to go to Nashville on Friday and stay in a hotel downtown. First of all, we are doing this to celebrate our anniversary and second, to be close to the race location. That will be very convenient and I won't have to get up quite as early. We usually stay in more cost effective hotels but this time we are staying at a fancy one, The Renaissance Hotel. I found out they give a discount to runners in the race so we did get a better deal than the regular price. This should be fun. I'm taking Friday off work so we can get to Nashville, check in our hotel and pick up my race packet. I get so excited about this part of doing races. I'm hoping to get this medal after the finish....
the 5k medal!

We will spend the evening downtown and who knows what we will do! As long as I get enough rest for the race, I am open to whatever we decide. Nashville is an exciting place with so much to do. I love the atmosphere of the downtown area.

Nashville!
Wish me luck!!! I'll be posting pictures after the race.

No comments:

Post a Comment