8.26.2011

Hiking at Cedars of Lebanon state park

 What a great morning for a hike! I made it to Cedars of Lebanon state park and explored until I found the hiking trails. It was almost desolate at the time I went. I guess that is a good thing. The first trail I found was a half mile loop through the woods. The trail was narrow and I wasn't sure at times if I was going the right direction. The only thing that saved me was blue paint marks on some of the trees. Luckily I made it out just fine. After getting back in my car and driving, I found another trail near the main welcome center. This trail was much better for me. It was easier to tell where the path was and I wasn't as nervous about getting back to my car. This one was half a mile also. It was already warm out so I was thankful for the shade from the trees. It was a fun experience and I'm looking forward to doing this again. I don't feel like it was a great workout, since I stopped a few times to take in the scenery. Here are a few pictures I took:


Entrance to the state park

Scenery on one of the trails

The blue paint on the trees is the only way I made it out!


Hiking at Cedars of Lebanon

one of the trails I hiked    









No comments:

Post a Comment