8.27.2011

Adventures in Nashville

I decided to spend the day in Music City....a.k.a. Nashville. My kids are almost grown and have their own plans. I could write an entire post about those feelings....but I'll save that for another time.
Its been a fun day. I stopped at a local shoe store and got fitted for a new pair of running shoes. They felt so good I wore them out of the store. I'm looking forward to trying them out in the morning at Centennial Park. I also want to scope out the 5k course for the Women's Half Marathon here in Nashville.
I arrived in Nashville around 3 p.m. and had lunch at Qdoba Mexican Grill. My chicken queso burrito was yummy. But I'm not looking forward to logging those calories today. I'll have to do some walking to burn those calories.
I'm staying in a hotel near downtown. After relaxing a bit, I decided to get out and explore. I parked several blocks away from the action and did some walking. There is alot going on here today. There is a BBQ championship at Riverfront Park and the Tennessee Titans have a football game. I walked around for an hour or so, then headed back to the hotel to relax.
I'll give more details on my adventure tomorrow. Goodnight.

new running shoes!!!

downtown Nashville

Exploring Nashville - that's LP Field in the background, where the TN Titans play

Lunch from Qdoba

BBQ championship in Nashville

No comments:

Post a Comment