8.20.2011

Fenton Payne & Fred 5k


Another 5k is in the books. I overslept and almost missed it. I'm glad it started early though since its so hot and humid here. I managed to do walk/run intervals for the duration of the race. Running across the finish line is......AWESOME!

My official time was :50:34. I could have been a little faster, but I had a few complications. I wore thin socks so I could feel my shoes slipping. I'll probably get a blister. Then the shorts I wore over my tights, the elastic broke so they kept falling down. I finally removed them. I'm glad I had tights on. That would have been embarrassing! This is a learning experience. I'll be better prepared for my next 5k on September 24th.

I'm glad I did it. It would have been easy to hit the snooze button and go back to sleep. 

Now off to rehydrate and refuel for my day.

Here are some pictures of the event:



Race bib
Hot, sweaty mess!!

One more race t-shirt







No comments:

Post a Comment