6.15.2011

Struggling to find time

This has been a crazy week. After a long weekend with my family, I'm back to working 10 hour shifts. Its so exhausting for me. I had a doctor's appointment this morning, so I ended up coming to work late and that means working late. I am struggling to find time to work out! My Active.com trainer emails me every morning to tell me what I need to do, but I can't find the time. I love My Active Trainer - it makes keeping up with my workouts so easy. Now, I just need more hours in the day to get it done.

This picture is my motivation!
I seem to go through areas of my life where this is difficult for me. Some weeks are easier and some are not. I would like to be more consistent. I am seriously thinking about trying the running workouts in the morning. If I do it FIRST, then I won't have to make excuses. My issues with morning workouts are:
  1. I'm not a morning person - naturally.
  2. My husband works nights so he is sleeping and I don't want to wake him.
  3. I tend to sweat heavily while working out and it takes me a while to cool down.
On the other hand, here are some pros to morning workouts:
  1. Peace of mind that I start the day off right.
  2. If I workout early, I don't have to worry about planning it for later.
  3. More energy to tackle the day.
I'll think about these things and try to think of solutions to the issues.

I am happy that the weekend is around the corner. It seems like I can find more time on my free days. After looking at my trainer calendar, I notice I have gone way too many days without a workout. I'm hoping to turn that around.

Taebo workouts! Maybe I should do more of these instead of just running.

What are your secrets to staying on track with your workouts? I'd love to hear from you!

2 comments:

  1. I like getting my exercise in the morning but can relate to all your reasons.
    Man, I sweat and my gym is bloody hot. They have an aircon problem and it makes me angry! Anyway, I can always have a shower afterwards if I need to. Sometimes I go at 6 but more often than not I go after I take the kids to school. While I am not working it works perfectly. If I worked I would probably go at 6 every day.
    Hope you find a schedule that suits you soon:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for your comment! I may have to go back to working 8 hour days instead of 10. I get Fridays off by doing that, but its almost too exhausting! I have to spend Fridays resting up after my long week. while I usually work out at home, I am going to tour a gym today and hopefully that will help.

    ReplyDelete