6.07.2011

Stress- How do you deal with it?

STRESS. My mom always tells me I am too stressed out. For most of my adult life, I have found that I get overwhelmed easily and sometimes feel like I'm going to explode. I also chose a career that tends to be more stressful than others. What was I thinking?
My college graduation photo

I definitely do not remember my professors in college giving us that helpful bit of information. Accountants are constantly dealing with strict deadlines, which seem to be inconsistent. At least I am no longer working in tax. Even though the stress for that type of position only lasts for about 5 months or so, the long work hours can be unbearable, especially if you have a family or any outside interests. I have learned to deal with my work stress by exercising more, having monthly massages, and learning to relax when I feel overwhelmed.



My kids laugh at me because I buy relaxation CD's and lotions with aromatherapy that claim to relieve stress.
relaxation CD's

Stress relief lotion
 If nothing else works, I always enjoy a glass of wine to chill out.


A few years ago, I actually took a class on Stress Management at a local community college and that was very helpful. Today, I found this article on the American Heart Association website :  Four Ways to Deal with Stress. It has some good ideas I'd like to share with you.

How do you deal with stress? What works for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment