6.06.2011

Running...Is this for me?

As you may know, I am participating in the Couch to 5k training plan as well as a 5k training plan on Active Trainer to prepare for a few 5k races I have signed up for in the fall.
I'm doing the 5k the same day as this Half Marathon in Nashville

 I am on week 4 of this training and am somewhat frustrated at my progress. I am able to finish the workouts but can't help but feel awkward while running. Most of my workouts have been on the treadmill but my last workout was done on the indoor track of the MTSU Rec Center on Saturday. I enjoyed my free pass as an alumni to the Rec Center. It was a change from my home workout equipment. And who can pass up a FREE deal? Not me!


MTSU Rec Center


What do I mean by awkward? I felt like I was running in slow motion. My legs felt heavy. I'm was short of breath. Running on the track is definitely different from the treadmill. I had some other issues too. My MP3 player decided to start skipping and for some reason the power off button would not work. So most of my workout was done without any music and the gym where I worked out was holding a cheerleading camp. So you can imagine, I'm trying to workout without my music but I am surrounded by dozens of young screaming girls. I was happy to finish that workout and spend some time in the pool before having my relaxation massage at Massage Envy.


 I'm wondering if there comes a time where I will feel like"Hey this is getting easier!" I long for that day to come. I watch others running and it looks so natural. I can just imagine what I look like! Another question that comes to mind is "Why am I so passionate about being a runner?" I'm hoping to find the answer to these questions soon.

Today is the day for my final workout for week 4. I'm going to give it 100%. I can't give up now!!



No comments:

Post a Comment