5.21.2011

Back to training

It's a lovely Saturday morning here in Tennessee! The sun is shining, its going to be warm today, and as far as I can tell, the end of the world did not happen as they predicted. I'm hoping to relax today since yesterday was extremely busy for me. I had cleaning to do, cooking, buying a new car, and a high school graduation to attend. I'm glad I didn't have to work on top of all the other things going on.
new car!

Whitney at Graduation 2011

Whitney & her band friends before the performance


Today is a XT day for me, so I'm planning on doing a Tae Bo workout. Actually yesterday should have been my XT day, but Friday left me feeling a little frazzled. Tae Bo is a great way to include cardio, strength training and flexibility into one workout. Soon as I have my coffee and a quick breakfast....I'll be punching and kicking to the max!
Tae Bo - I have several workouts to choose from
Must have coffee first thing in the a.m.

Kashi cereal with skim milk

Silk Light - my favorite way to start the day!

This Couch to 5k challenge has me feeling like an athlete. I never thought I would say that. I've gotten serious about the training to the point that I have 2 5k's and one 4 miler on my schedule for the fall. One in September, one in October and the last one on Thanksgiving Day.
5k registration - Women's Half Marathon/5k in Nashville

I also took advantage of a free Active.com training plan after registering for the Women's Half Marathon/ 5k a few days ago. I'm using that in addition to the c25k training. I like this plan since it includes email reminders of the daily workouts and motivational words to keep me on track. Also, when I log in my workouts, there are fields to enter vital statistics as well as b.p./ pulse readings. Its a helpful tool.

I hope your weekend rocks!

No comments:

Post a Comment