5.06.2011

Fun Friday

I had a doctor's appointment this morning to re-check my cholesterol levels again. At the last visit, my doctor started me on Crestor, a medicine for high cholesterol, after trying to lower it through diet and exercise. It looks like things are going in the right direction, but the triglycerides were still high. On a happy note, I lost 4 lbs. Things are looking up!



After my appointment, I stopped at Starbucks for my morning java! I also decided to try one of their breakfast sandwiches since I was famished! That probably wasn't the healthiest option, but I countered that with a piece of fresh fruit when I got to work.



After working for several hours, I decided it was time for lunch. I didn't pack too much today since I was rushed with my doctors' appointment. But luckily I still had some salad fixins in the work fridge. I made a salad with romaine lettuce, cucumbers and some slices of ham. I also had a cup of brown rice to go with my salad.

I was able to find some time this afternoon to take a walk around our facility with one of my co-workers. We walked longer than we usually do - a total of 2 miles. It was a nice day to walk outside today and a pleasant break from the office.


After that workout, it was time for a snack. I love greek yogurt, especially when fruit is added.


Now, the weekend it about to begin! I am very happy about that. I'm looking forward to a special day tomorrow with my mom and my sister. Stay tuned for my special Mother's Day post in honor of my mother, Joann.

No comments:

Post a Comment