1.19.2011

Celebrate small victories!

I came home after work and decided to get in a workout. I know you are supposed to stretch before running and I did. But I obviously didn't stretch out enough. After running about 1/2 mile, my right leg started hurting. This is the same leg/ankle that I have problems with. I slowed my pace, hoping it would get better. But it didn't. I ended up walking for a few minutes then slowly began running again. This helped a little. I was able to finish one mile. But my pace tonight didn't suffer too much. I finished at 16:55 for 1 mile. The last run I completed at 16:00. I was hoping to improve my pace, but pain got in the way.



I'll concentrate on the positive. I completed a workout on a weekday.  So, it can be done! Celebrating small victories!

My next run will be on Friday. I expect a much better outcome. And to quote one of my favorite movies, Gone With The Wind, "I'll think about that tomorrow. After all, tomorrow is another day..." -Scarlett O'Hara.

No comments:

Post a Comment