12.12.2010

2011 Goals

I was not able to participate in the Frosty Fun Run yesterday since I woke up with a migrane. I don't get them very often, but when I do....all I can do is sleep in my dark room with no noise. I felt really bad about missing this race all day but I honestly didn't think I could physically do it with a migrane. I don't like the way I feel when I let myself down. Now...it's time to brush it off and get back on track. "After all, tomorrow is another day." - Scarlett O'Hara

This week I was beginning to get frustrated about running and that my progress wasn't as much as I had hoped for. But I received a card in the mail from a friend that runs marathons and gives me much encouragement. His card really made my day and motivated me to keep going. I worked out that night on my Couch to 5K running plan and felt good about it. I am on week 2 of the plan and even though my progress is slow, I'm noticing that I feel stronger and believe I can do it. It's amazing how powerful words of motivation and encouragement can be!

I haven't signed up for any events in 2011 yet, but that is next on my list. Setting goals for 2011: run a 5k and maybe a 10k. I'd like to run the Bloomsday run (12k) in Spokane, WA in May since I have family there. It would be a good excuse to visit. But it's a long way and airline tickets are usually pretty expensive.  I'll keep that option open though and see if I can talk my husband into it. ;) I also would like to participate in the Komen 3-Day Race for the Cure. I have done the Race for the Cure (5k) two years in a row but the 3-day event is not held in my area.  I see there is a race in San Diego....I've always wanted to go there.

Nashville Race for the cure - Oct 2010
 I am keeping my eyes open for events I'm interested in and make something happen! I expect 2011 to be the best year ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment