11.09.2010

No More Excuses

There are 16 days until my next event, Boro Dash. Its a 4 mile race in my community. I do more walking than running, but am hoping to be able to do both at this event. I am going to work hard training for this, but I wish I had more time. Currently, I can run approximately 1/4 mile continuously. My goal is to be able to increase this to 1/2 mile this week.I know that doesn't sound like much for all the runners out there. I sprained my ankle last year and it took longer than expected to heal. In fact, I still don't think its completely right. And I'm not so young anymore - I'm in my 40's. Let me see if I can come up with any more excuses ....lol. Now that I have given my excuses, I promise to give it my best shot. Any advice for beginner runners? I'd love to hear from you.

Have a terrific Tuesday!

"Accept the challenges, so that you may feel the exhilaration of victory." -General George S. Patton


No comments:

Post a Comment