10.30.2011

Heart Walk 2011

Today I walked with my mom in the Rutherford Heart walk in my town. This is year number 3 for me to do this walk that benefits heart disease. It was a great day for a walk. It was sunny and comfortable outside. We had a great time! My mom always has a good time wherever she goes. I hope to be as fun-loving as she is when I get to be her age.

We were also interviewed by a local news station, but I'm kind of hoping it doesn't get aired. I was nervous. But at the same time, it was pretty cool! We talked about why we participate in this walk and who we are walking for. We walk for my grandmother since she had heart disease.

It was a busy weekend with walking/running activities. My next event is on Thanksgiving day and its a 4 mile run. I did it last year at 1:10. I'm glad to have some time to train and hopefully improve my running pace. My official time for the Komen 5k was 46:55, which is about 3 minutes faster than the previous one. Woot! As long as I'm improving, I am happy.

I hope you enjoy our pictures!

I'm walking in memory of my grandmother, Lola.

warming up


Go Mama Go!



My mom, Joanne

We both got several FREE shirts at the event!

No comments:

Post a Comment