8.01.2011

Running setbacks

Charity walks memorabilia
I noticed I have accumulated quite a collection of race shirts from the events I have done. This madness began a few years ago when I decided to get healthy and thought doing charity walks/5k's would be a good start.

Looking at my memorabilia puts me in a better mood. I'm glad I have been able to help some of these charities raise money. Why am I in a bad mood? Tonight, I tried to do my running workout outside. It was not good. Here in the south, we have had a heatwave for several weeks now, but I thought if I waited until the sun went down I could do it. I need to train outside soon, since I have a 5k planned in a few weeks. It was still around 98 degrees when I started and unfortunately there wasn't much shade in the area. I ended up shortening my workout and feeling like a failure. I am so used to running on the treadmill that I felt extremely awkward on the track. And the unbearable heat didn't help. At least the 5k I am doing will be early in the morning. Hopefully that will make a difference. Days like this make me miss living in the Pacific Northwest.
Spokane WA

Riverfront Park in Spokane

Mornings and evenings are so pleasant there, even in the summertime. The humidity here in the south is dreadful.

The running trail

Siegel Soccer Park - nice area with running/walking trails
My passion!
 Looking at my race shirts remind me of the reason I do this. Tomorrow will be a better day. I'll give it another try.


No comments:

Post a Comment