7.16.2011

Hotter Than Hades Virtual Half - Ready, Set, GO!

July 15 begins the Hotter than Hades Virtual Half Marathon. I was anxious to get to the gym to get some miles in. I printed off my race bib from their website, but I didn't wear it at the gym.

My race bib!
I had the best running interval workout in weeks! I was so proud of myself. For the last few weeks, I have had terrible foot/ankle pain when running. I started off wearing an ankle brace, but removed it after the first interval. It's very uncomfortable on the bottom of my foot. Usually when doing the intervals, I am fine for the first few but then I get tired or the pain starts. This didn't happen today. I guess this is why runners run. Everyone has bad days but you keep running for the good days. I ran 2.5 miles in 40 minutes and cooled down on the stationary bike for about 20 minutes. It was a great workout! Now, I'm able to log 2.5 miles for the virtual half.

After cooling down, I came home to spend time with my family. I had a glass or two of Merlot and we played Rock Band, one of our favorite family activities. Here is my rocker daughter....
Rocking out!
We are fortunate that we don't really have any plans for the weekend. I welcome that after two weekends of constant activities. Of course, we will do more than be lazy....workouts, family time, back to school shopping, and church will be included. But it's so nice to know we are not on a schedule.

I hope you have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment