7.05.2011

Fourth of July weekend - Food, Family & Fun

It was a nice long weekend. I spent lots of time with my hubby since we are celebrating the anniversary of our first date. On Friday, I took a vacation day off work and had lunch with John. Before our fun began, I went to the gym and had a good workout. I did a walk/run workout. I usually limit my treadmill workouts to 30 minutes, but I pushed myself and did 45 minutes. I walked more than I ran, but with my recent ankle/foot problems, I thought this was a wise decision. I'm glad I didn't slack off too much over the long weekend on my fitness goals.

We went to lunch at Pisghettis restaurant in our town. The place we met for our first date is no longer in business, but after some careful checking, John found that this place was owned by the same people that owned our place. We decided to "recreate" our first date as close as possible, so we did lunch instead of dinner. We had a nice lunch and decided to head down to the Murfreesboro square for Friday night live music.

That was a lot of fun. We took lawn chairs and sat outside to listen to the music for an hour or so.

We started getting hungry so from there we headed to one of our favorite barbeque places, Nobody's Sports Grill. I had a margarita and a pulled pork sandwich with sweet potato fries. Mmmm. Very good.



John surprised me with tickets to Motley Crue & Poison in Nashville for Sunday night. I love 80's music and this was awesome.




On the 4th of July, I was very glad to sleep late. It feels so nice to be able to relax without worrying about deadlines. After waking up, I decided to do a Taebo workout.


Power. Strength. Energy. It was exhilarating! After my workout, we decided to invite my mom over for a cookout. We had steaks and hot dogs along with a salad I threw together. She stayed over for most of the afternoon and we sat on our deck to watch the fireworks display from our neighbors. It was nice to enjoy the show without having to pay for it!

Spending time with family is one of my favorite things to do. I enjoy spending time with everyone and relaxing!
I hope your holiday weekend was fun, also. Now it's time to get back on track with work, eating healthy and working out.

No comments:

Post a Comment