12.06.2010

Winter weather in Tennessee

It's nice to get winter weather finally, after all it is December. But I am not looking forward to running on Saturday in the Frosty Fun Run....if its going to be freezing. I need advice for running in the cold. Since I'm a beginner and I am accustomed to warm weather in the south, I am not sure what to do. My training to run a 5k is coming along. I am in the 2nd week of the Couch to 5k running plan now. The last time I ran was on Saturday and I admit that it was hard for me. My ankle started swelling and I wasn't sure if I could finish the workout. But I made it. I sprained my right ankle last year and I still have lots of problems with it. But I'm not giving up!

I am also happy to report that my husband has started running again. Moving the exercise equipment into our spare bedroom was a great idea!!


Thought for the day:

"Many of life's failures are people who
did not realize how close they were
to success when they gave up."
- Thomas Edison

No comments:

Post a Comment